Psst Are you a brand, artist, shelter, or dog looking to get on Dogly?
One of the most important steps to setting your dog up for success in public is being able to settle on cue. By shaping a "Go to Mat" cue, your dog will have a reliable, safe and predictable place to lie where good things happen!
Follow along with the attached video for the foundation steps!
- Create a positive association to the mat - mat in environment = good things
- Active engagement with mat - Anytime mat is on the ground and your dog places paws onto it, reinforcement will follow.
- Pick up mat when not in use.
- Sitting on the mat is better than lying (higher value or better reinforcement)
- Lying is the best - this can be captured, shaped or lured after the initial steps are in place
Comment in my community when you're ready for more challenge and I'll add next steps!